The Team

The Team
(Back) Martin Kelly, Gearóid Ó'Fearghaíl, Alan Pierce, Tom O'Hora (Front) Eamon Cassels, David Perry (c), Eoghan Staunton, James Darcy, Kevin Timoney, Alan Breathnach, Stephen Hammond (Not pictured: Ciaran McCarthy, Colm Bowden)

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Profile - Kevin Timoney



  • Name: Kevin
  • Age: 26
  • Years Playing: 7 in October
  • Current team(s): Ranelagh
  • Position: Cutter
  • Favourite Ultimate Moment: Winning AIUC Open in 2012.
  • What are you enjoying most/most looking forward to in the ECBU campaign: Playing for Ireland for the 2nd time and taking on the best in Europe.
  • Anyone you're particularly excited to play alongside: The team has great guys on board, all of which I'm pleased to step onto the line with. I'd played tournaments with most of them at some point or another before, but I'm delighted to play on the same team as Colm, Steve, Eoghan, Ciaran and "Mugsy P" for the first time.
  • Personal Paragraph: Short story long, I started playing ultimate in Trinity in Oct 2006, after dabbling in Volleyball. I graduated in 2009. I played tournaments for Johnny Chimpo from 2008 until the club disbanded in 2010, the same year I trained with Dublin Ultimate for Tour and WUCC in Prague, and played for Ireland Under-23 Open at World Under-23 Championships in Florence. I then moved to Barcelona until mid-2011, playing with Patatas Bravas who held beach training every Sunday all year round, and I trained with Catalyst for their first season. When I got back to Ireland in July I joined Rebel Ultimate and played with them for the rest of the 2011 season. I've been a member of Ranelagh since the club was founded in late 2011, and I've played Club Summer League and some tournaments with Hammertime too.

  • Steve Sez:  I thought Chris Linter could sleep for Ireland but Kev has taken nap time to another level. Expect an extensive album of 'Photos of Kev Sleeping' from ECBU.

No comments:

Post a Comment